My stock powder solidifies over time. Should I keep it in a separate storage container?
Please store dashi packets inside the aluminum outer bag. Press the bag to remove the air inside, and close it tightly to avoid aeration.
Should I store dashi packets in the refrigerator?
Storing them in a refrigerator may cause them to absorb moisture and odors. Please keep packets inside the aluminum outer bag, tightly closed, and store at room temperature.
I usually tear open the packet when using the product, and sometimes have some left over. Should I remove the stock powder from the packet and store it in a separate container?
Storing stock powder in a separate container may cause the powder to get damp. Instead, tightly fold the edge of the packet, place it in an airtight container along with a desiccant (if available), and use as soon as possible.
I am not sure when to put dashi packets into water — before I start boiling, or after?
Please put the packet(s) into water before you start boiling. Bring water to a boil for 2--3 minutes.
Can I tear open the packet and use the stock powder for miso soup and other simmered dishes?
Yes! You can enjoy the savory flavor of Kayanoya dashi by adding it to any dish.
The stock powder starts to solidify if I sprinkle it over a hot pot. How can I avoid this?
For soups and other simmered dishes, it’s best to add the stock powder before heating. For stir-fried dishes, sprinkle the powder after reducing heat to lessen steam, or first put the powder on a plate and then sprinkle from the plate.
How to order
Orders can be placed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our website. If you have any issues, please contact Customer Support.
When will my order be shipped?
Our warehouse is located in Los Angeles. Orders placed before 12 AM PST will be processed on the next business day, and it will ship out within 1–3 business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). We use the USPS or UPS to deliver your order. Please check your address carefully when placing an order, as we cannot issue refunds or reship orders if the address was entered incorrectly.
Returns & Replacements
Please understand that we cannot accept returns of normal products. If you receive a damaged or defective item, please contact Customer Support for assistance.
Please have the following information when you contact us:
* Order number.
* Date of arrival.
* Condition of item at time of arrival.
* Detailed explanation of the issue.
We begin order processing at 9 AM PST on standard business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays). For cancellation assistance, please contact Customer Support before 9 AM PST on the first business day after your order was placed. Please note that we cannot accept cancellation requests that come in after 9 AM PST on the business day after your order was placed.
All promo codes shown online are valid only for online orders. They cannot be used at our retail locations, unless otherwise noted.
We offer gift wrapping for some products. You can select wrapping paper and gift message.
* Gift wrapping is available only for gift boxes.
* The design of the wrapping paper may change.
* Please note that we do not offer the option of printing the sender’s name on gift messages.
Placing orders from Japan
You cannot use the account you have with the Japanese Kubara Honke Online Shop (https://www.kubara.jp/). When placing orders on this site, please enter your billing information (with Japanese address) in English.
How much is the shipping & handling charge?
The following rates are effective from March 3, 2022:
All orders just $7.95.
* Above rate/s applied per order.
* No extra charge for split shipments.
How does free shipping work?
One promo code is offered to each customer the first time you create an account. Then you can log in to your account, select the items you wish to purchase, and enter the promo code when checking out.
You must be logged into your account to apply the promo code. If you do not yet have an account, click "Login" and then "Create Account."
* Free shipping promo code (valid only the first time you create an account): KAYA172
* Promo code is only valid for the first order after you create an account. It cannot be applied to a subsequent order.
* Even if you have purchased from us before, you can redeem the promo code for the first order after you create an account.
We ship to all 50 states.
You can track your package via “My Account.” Please note that we are unable to reship orders that are undeliverable due to an address entered incorrectly.
You can create an account by clicking "Login" icon at the top right (next to the cart icon) and then "Create Account." If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot password?” from the log-in window.
Method of Payment
We accept payments via credit card (American Express, VISA, MasterCard, Discover and more), PayPal, and Amazon Pay.
* Amazon Pay is available for accounts at Amazon's U.S. site (Amazon.com). Please note that you cannot use an account at the Japanese Amazon site (Amazon.co.jp).
* Amazon Pay will not be possible if 1) you have accounts at both the U.S. Amazon site and the Japanese Amazon site; and 2) the email addresses and passwords for those accounts are the same. Please change the email address or password at one of the sites, then process payment at the U.S. site.
Credit Card Approvals
The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order is ready for shipping.