One packet per 1 ¾ cups water (400 ml) for regular strength dashi or two packets per 2 cups water (500 ml) for hearty dashi.
Place water and an unopened
packet in a saucepan.
Bring water to a simmer over medium
heat, and hold temperature for 2
Remove and discard the packet(s).
Stock is ready to use.
You can also tear packet(s) and empty the contents directly into a saucepan with water. Bring water to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, and hold temperature for 2 minutes. Stock is ready to use.
Simply tear open a packet of your favorite Kayanoya Dashi and add extra umami to your traditional favorites. Then use your imagination!
Storange and Tips
- One packet of dashi is for 2-3 servings.
- When using dashi for soup and simmered dishes, add the dashi packet prior to warming up.
- When using dashi as a seasoning for dishes such as stir-fry, reduce heat and sprinkle dashi after the steam has decreased. The amount of dashi powder used can be adjusted to your taste.
- Prepared stock stays fresh for 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- Open the foil bag and remove only the packets you need. Immediately press the bag to remove air, and close as tightly as possible. Store in a cool, dry space. Refrigeration is not recommended.