Early spring tender cabbage and onions produce soothing and satisfying sweet flavor in this simple daily, nourishing miso soup. Kayanoya Special Sardine & Mushroom Based Dashi Stock Powder imparts wonderful flavor to this soup and is indispensable in this everyday preparation.
- 3 1/2 ounces onion (½ of medium size)
- 2 ounces cabbage (about 2 small leaves)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 packet Kayanoya Special Sardine & Mushroom Based Dashi Stock Powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons mellow sweet miso
- Cut the onion into thin rings. Cut the cabbage into 1 ½ inch pieces.
- In a saucepan add the water and the packet of Kayanoya Special Sardine & Mushroom Based Dashi Stock Powder. Put the saucepan over medium heat and bring it to a simmer. On simmering reduce the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pick up the packet and press it between two soup spoons to express stock from the packet into the pot. Add the onion and cabbage and cook for 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the miso, dissolving it with a whisk. Divide and serve the onion, cabbage and miso soup into 2 miso soup bowls or other small bowls.