French fries are everyone’s favorite. These French fries are cut thick and cooked crisp. The golden brown French fries are then tossed with Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder. This Kayanoya product doesn’t change the taste, but simply makes that classic French fry flavor more intense and enjoyable. That is what umami is all about!
- About 8 ounces russet potato (one medium size potato)
- Canola oil or other vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 2 teaspoons Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder, removed from the packets
- Sea salt to taste
- Rinse the potato under cold running water. Place the potato in a medium pot and cover it with 2 inches of water. Cook the potato for 30 minutes, or until an inserted skewer goes through without much force.
- Add about 2 ½ inches of oil to a deep skillet and heat it to 350° F. Cut the cooked potato into half lengthwise. Cut each half of the potato into quarters lengthwise. Add half of the potatoes to the heated oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the surface, turning them once or twice during cooking. Drain the potatoes on a paper towel. Finish frying the remaining potatoes in the oil.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl and sprinkle the Kayanoya Vegetable Stock Powder over the potatoes. Toss the potatoes with the stock powder. Add a little salt to taste. Serve the potatoes on a medium plate.