Delicious scones made with Kayanoya Yuzu Fruit Preserve.
- 7 oz. cake flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 oz. unsalted butter, cut into 1/3-inch cubes; refrigerated until used
- 3.5 oz. Kayanoya Yuzu Fruit Preserve
- 8 half-moon shaped, thinly sliced lemon pieces
- Heat the oven to 340°F
- In a large bowl add the cake flour and baking powder. Add the chilled butter cubes to the flour. Press and break the butter into smaller pieces and toss them with the flour. Continue working until butter becomes smaller and well blended with the flour.
- Add 4/5 portion of the Kayanoya Yuzu Fruit Preserve to the flour and butter mixture, and give a few stirs with a spatula. Make the mixture into a rough square shaped dough. With your finger or knife draw a center line on the square dough.
- Paint the half of the square with the remaining 1/5 portion of the Kayanoya Yuzu Fruit Preserve. Fold the unpainted dough over the painted dough; you are covering the painted part of the dough with the unpainted other half.
- Cut the dough into 8 equal squares with a knife. Garnish the top of each dough portion with a sliced lemon piece. Paint over the top of each square with additional Kayanoya Yuzu Fruit Preserve.
- Bake the dough in the heated oven for 20 minutes.