Yudofu is a very traditional and healthy dish to warm up your Winter!
- 14 ounces tofu
- 2 packets Kyoto Limited Edition: Kayanoya Dashi Stock Powder with Tuna and Kelp
- 3½ cups water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 3 tablespoons sake
- Small amount chopped green onion
- Small amount bonito flakes
- Cut tofu into bite-size pieces.
- Immerse 1 packet of Dashi Stock Powder in water in a small pot, bring to a boil, then simmer on medium heat for 2--3 minutes. Add tofu on low heat till warm.
- In another small pot, combine soy sauce, mirin, sake, and contents of dashi packet. Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 1--2 minutes.
- Once tofu has warmed, use any strainer utensil to place pieces in small bowls, then spoon on dashi sauce (#3). Garnish with green onions and bonito flakes.