Echo the colors of autumn with yellow, red, and green bell peppers. In this dish, they are prepared with chicken in a flavor-filled vegetable broth enhanced by umami-rich Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder.
- 3½ ounces chicken breast, boned and skinned
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3½ ounces yellow bell pepper without stem and seeds (half of 1 medium-size pepper)
- 3½ ounces red bell pepper without stem and seeds (half of 1 medium-size pepper)
- 7 ounces green bell pepper without stem and seeds (1 medium-size pepper)
- 2 ounces eggplant
- 1 thumb-size piece ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 packet Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder (remove from 1 packet)
- Cut chicken breast against grain into slices a bit less than ½ an inch thick. (Insert knife at an angle so that you can make wider cuts.) Transfer chicken slices to a small bowl, sprinkle with flour, and toss with fork until each slice is evenly coated.
- Cut each bell pepper into 1-inch pieces. Cut eggplant into 1-inch pieces. Cut ginger into thin slices.
- Place frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken without overlapping slices, and cook until bottoms are lightly golden. Turn chicken over and cook until other sides are lightly golden. Remove slices from frying pan and transfer to bowl.
- Return frying pan to medium heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add sliced ginger and stir for 20 seconds or until fragrant. Add bell peppers and eggplant and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add water, butter, and Vegetable Stock Powder to frying pan, return pre-cooked chicken to frying pan, cover, and cook over low heat for 7 minutes. Divide and serve the vegetables, chicken, and broth in two bowls.