In this recipe broccoli is finely chopped and cooked with pasta for a quick, healthy meal.
- 18 ounces dry penne
- 1 whole head broccoli (about 13 ounces), finely chopped (peel stem)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into halves and crushed
- 3 packets Kayanoya Original Mushroom Stock Powder (remove from 3 packets)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Bring 5 to 6 quarts of water with 3 to 4 tablespoons of salt to a boil. Cook pasta along with chopped broccoli, following instructions on package. Drain pasta and broccoli together. Save 1 cup of cooking water.
- In a large frying pan, place olive oil and crushed garlic. Place frying pan over low heat and cook garlic until it is lightly golden and fragrant. Add about ¾ cup of the pasta cooking water, pour in Mushroom Stock Powder, and stir.
- Add pasta-broccoli mix and Parmesan cheese to frying pan, and toss over medium heat. Add cooking water if needed.
- Divide and serve pasta on four plates. Lemon juice and black pepper to taste.