In this soup, your favorite mushrooms get a rich flavor boost from Kayanoya Original Mushroom Stock Powder. You’ll love the difference!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup roughly chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- ¼ cup chopped shiitake mushroom cap
- ½ cup hen of woods mushroom (maitake mushroom), chopped
- 2 packets Kayanoya Original Mushroom Stock Powder
- ¼ cup chicken stock, preferably low sodium
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot. Add onion and cook over low/medium heat 1 minute. Add garlic and cook 20 seconds. Add carrot and cook 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups water, 2 packets of Mushroom Stock Powder and chicken stock. Bring mixture to a simmer, cover, and cook 10 minutes. (After 4 minutes, remove Mushroom Stock Powder packets and discard.)
- Add soy sauce, black pepper to taste, and butter. Add parsley and turn off heat when butter melts. Serve soup in two bowls.