If necessary replace the mushrooms in the recipe with any other mushrooms that are readily available locally and seasonally.
- 18 oz dry linguini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into halves and crushed with the side of a cooking knife
- 3 oz white mushrooms, cut into thin slices lengthwise
- 5 oz shimeji mushrooms, broken into small pieces by hand
- 3 oz maitake mushrooms, broken into small pieces by hand
- 3 oz shitake mushrooms, cut into thin slices lengthwise
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 packets Kayanoya Original Mushroom Stock Powder, removed from packet
- 2 tablespoons minced italian parsley
- Bring about 5 to 6 quarts of water with 3 to 4 tablespoons salt to a boil. Cook the pasta following the instructions on the package of the product. Drain the pasta. Reserve about 2 cups of the pasta cooking water in a small bowl.
- In a large and deep skillet add the olive oil and garlic. Place the skillet over low heat and cook the garlic until it is lightly golden and fragrant.
- Add all of the mushrooms to the skillet and cook them over low heat for 5 minutes. Add about 1¼ cups of the reserved pasta cooking water and the Kayanoya Original Mushroom Stock Powder, and cook for 2 minutes over low heat.
- Add the cooked & drained pasta and Parmesan cheese to the skillet, and toss them thoroughly. Add additional reserved pasta cooking water if necessary.
- Divide the pasta into four pasta serving bowls. Sprinkle the parsley over each portion. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese if desired.