Use dashi to spice up your roasted Brussels sprouts and bring umami into this delicious side dish.
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts
- 3½ ounces bacon (preferably slab)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 packet Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder (remove from 1 packet)
- Desired amount of cheese of your choice (this photo shows Parmesan)
- Desired amount of parsley
- Wash Brussels sprouts, cut in half, and make a vertical cut in each core. Cut bacon into cubes, and finely chop the garlic
- Add olive oil and Vegetable Stock Powder to a large bowl and mix well. Add Brussels sprouts, bacon and garlic, and mix.
- Preheat oven to 356°F and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cover Brussels sprouts with cheese, and bake again for about 5 minutes. Finish by garnishing with parsley.