French fries are everyone’s favorite. These fries are cut thick and cooked crisp. The golden–brown fries are then tossed with Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder, making that classic french fry flavor more intense and enjoyable. That’s what umami is all about!
- About 8 ounces russet potato (one medium-size potato)
- Canola oil or other vegetable oil for deep-frying
- 1 Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder (remove from 1 packet)
- Rinse potato in cold running water. Place potato in a medium pot, cover with 2 inches of water, and cook for 30 minutes, or until a fork goes through easily. Cut cooked potato in half lengthwise, then cut halves into quarters lengthwise.
- Add about 2½ inches of oil to a deep skillet and heat to 350 °F. Add half of the potatoes to heated oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the surface, turning them once or twice during cooking. Drain potatoes on a paper towel. Finish frying the remaining potatoes.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl, sprinkle on Vegetable Stock Powder, and toss. Serve on a medium plate.