Adding the umami of Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder turns these creamy little potatoes into an addictive treat.
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dry thyme or 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 packet Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder (remove from 1 packet)
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- (If only larger potatoes are available, cut into halves or quarters.) Place potatoes in medium pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Add ½ teaspoon salt and bring water to boil. Cook 15 minutes. Drain and place in folded towel.
- In an oven-proof casserole, mix olive oil, butter, sea salt, black pepper, and thyme. Add potatoes and mix/turn with a large spoon. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove casserole from oven, sprinkle on Vegetable Stock Powder from packet, mix/turn, and return casserole to oven for 20--30 minutes, turning potatoes every 10 minutes with a spoon for even browning. Divide and serve.