Rice with dashi, shoyu, and butter is one of the best dishes that you can make and eat any time. Use fresh corn if available, or fresh frozen corn. You can serve this dish as a quick snack or as an accompaniment to your main course.
- 2¼ cups white rice (3 cups for rice cooker)
- 2 ears corn or 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 packet Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder (remove from 1 packet)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon shoyu (soy sauce)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Rinse rice and soak in water for 10 minutes. Drain and let stand 20 minutes.
- With corn cobs, remove husks and slice off kernels. This should yield app. 1½ cups.
- Place drained rice and 2½ cups water in medium pot and pour in Vegetable Dashi Stock Powder. Sprinkle corn kernels and salt over rice evenly. Cover pot and cook over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until water starts to boil. Turn heat to medium and simmer for app. 7 minutes. Once rice has absorbed the water, turn heat very low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave covered for 10 minutes. Remove lid and add soy sauce, butter, and parsley. With a spatula, gently and quickly mix. Divide rice into small bowls and serve.