- 8 ounces sliced beef short ribs
- 2 servings udon noodles
- [For udon soup] 1 packet Kayanoya Original Dashi Stock Powder
- [For udon soup] 3½ cups water
- [For udon soup] 1 tablespoon sake
- [For udon soup] 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- [For udon soup] 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- [For sauce] 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- [For sauce] 4 teaspoons ginger
- [For sauce] 1 tablespoon sake
- [For sauce] 1 tablespoon sugar
- [For sauce] 1 tablespoon mirin
- [For sauce] 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- [Garnish] 1 boiled egg
- [Garnish] Desired amount of green onion
- Put packet of Dashi Stock Powder and water in a pan and bring to a full boil. Turn to medium heat and boil for an additional 2--3 minutes. Remove the dashi packet and add sake, mirin, and soy sauce.
- Place vegetable oil and thinly sliced ginger into a frying pan and fry on low heat until the aroma is strong. Add beef and brown. Add sauce ingredients and simmer.
- Put boiled udon into a bowl, add soup and beef, and garnish with boiled egg and green onion.