Kayanoya style beef stew is rich and fragrant with the umami of vegetables and fine herbs. Enjoy this beef stew with wine!
- 20 ounces diced beef
- 2 potatoes
- ½ carrot
- 1 onion
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 packet Kobe / Nishinomiya Limited Edition: Kayanoya Vegetable Stock Powder
- 1 can demi-glace sauce
- 1¾ cups water
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 green beans (boiled with sea salt)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces, carrots into 1 cm slices, and onions into thin slices.
- Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a large pot and sear the surfaces of the meat. Add onions, fry and add red wine. After boiling, add Vegetable Stock Powder, demi-glace sauce, water, and bay leaf. After boiling, reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Simmer for 10 minutes until the potatoes soften. Season with salt and pepper. Divide stew into bowls and serve with boiled green beans.