Classic Vietnamese dish with an umami twist.
- 2 packets Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3½ cups water
- 1 leek (green portion)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced ginger
- 7 ounces sliced beef
- 2 tablespoons nampla (fish sauce)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 servings pho noodles
- ½ thinly sliced red onion
- Preferred amounts of herbs (Thai basil, mint, coriander, etc.)
- Preferred amount of fresh red chili pepper
- Preferred amount of lime
- Place packets of Vegetable Stock Powder, water, leek, and thinly sliced ginger in pot, bring to boil, and simmer for 2--3 minutes at medium heat. Remove dashi packets, add beef, and simmer at low heat while skimming broth. Flavor with fish sauce and salt.
- Place boiled pho noodles, soup, red onion and beef in bowls in desired portions. Finish by adding herbs of your choice, red chili pepper, and lime.