The umami flavor of the vegetable dashi permeates this delicate soup.
- ⅛ head nappa cabbage (or other cabbage)
- 2 ounces sliced bacon
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 packet Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder (remove from 1 packet)
- 16 ounces water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cabbage and bacon into ¾-inch-wide pieces.
- Heat olive oil and garlic in pan. Add cabbage and bacon, and saute.
- Pour in Vegetable Stock Powder and water and cook until the cabbage softens. Season with salt and pepper.