Frequently Asked Questions
- Orders can be placed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our web site. If you have any issues, please contact our Customer Support.
- Shipping Products
- Our warehouse is located in Los Angeles, USA. Orders placed before 9:00 AM (PST/PDT) during our business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays) will ship out the next business day.
Once shipped, shipments generally take 1~3 days to arrive (excluding Sundays and holidays).
We use the following shipping methods to deliver your order to the desired address: USPS
Please double-check your address carefully when placing an order, we do not issue refunds or reship orders where addresses have been incorrectly entered upon ordering.
- SHIPPING & HANDLING CHARGES
- The following rates will be applied:
Up to $99.99
*Above rates are applied per order.
- *No extra charges for split shipments.
- Free Shipping Promo Code
One code per customer. One-time offer. Login to your account, and enter the following promo code when checking out from Shopping Cart.
You must be logged into your account to apply the promo code when checking out from Shopping Cart. You can view the Shopping Cart page when clicking “ADD TO CART”, or clicking “VIEW SHOPPING CART” under “CART” located on top right corner.
If you do not have an account with us, please go to “CREATE AN ACCOUNT” and register.
Free shipping promo code: KAYA172
*Promo code cannot be applied once the order is completed.
*You can redeem the promo code once regardless of your previous purchase history.
- Delivery Zone
- We ship to 48 contiguous United States, Alaska and Hawaii.
- Track Package
- You can track your package on your My Account.
Please note that we are unable to reship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable.
- Returns & Replacements
Please understand that we cannot accept the return of the goods.
However, if you receive a damaged or defective item, please contact our Customer Support for assistance.
Please have following information when you contact us:
- Order number
- Date of arrival
- Condition of item at time of arrival
- Detailed explanation of the issue
- We will start order processing and shipping preparation at 9:00 AM (PST/PDT) during our business days (Monday through Friday, excluding holidays).
For cancellation assistance, please contact our Customer Support before 9:00 AM (PST/PDT) of the business day following the day your order was placed.
Please note that we cannot accept cancellation requests that come in after 9:00 AM (PST/PDT) of the business day following the day your order was placed.
- Promo Codes/Promotions
- All promo codes listed online and promotional pricing on our site are valid for online orders only and cannot be used at our retail locations, unless otherwise noted.
- We offer gift wrapping for some products. You can select seasonal wrapping papers and message strips of your preference.
*Gift wrapping is available for gift boxes only.
*Design of wrapping paper will change each season.
*Please note that we do not offer the option of printing the sender’s name on the strip.
- My Account
- You can create an account from “LOGIN/REGISTER” located at the top right corner of our website.
If you have forgotten your password, click on “Forgot your password?” from My Account to retrieve your password.
If you have an Amazon USA account, you can login from “Login with Amazon” located at the top left corner of the login screen, or login using the email address you have registered under your Amazon account and the password noted in the Welcome email (sent from us when you place your initial order).
- Method of Payment
- We accept Amazon Payment and PayPal.
If you don’t have Amazon Payment or PayPal accounts, you can still use your credit card to make the payment. Click [Check out with PayPal] in the shopping cart page, and choose [Pay with Debit or Credit Card] to proceed.
* Please note that you must use Amazon Payment with a US Amazon (Amazon.com) account. Amazon Japan (Amazon.co.jp) account cannot be used.
*If you have both US Amazon and Amazon Japan accounts, and have the same email address and password registered for both accounts, you cannot choose to use Amazon Payment. If you would like to use Amazon payment, please change the email address or password for either of your US Amazon or Amazon Japan accounts.
- CREDIT CARD APPROVALS
- The payment amount is authorized and held by your financial institution at the time you place your order. Your account is actually charged when your order is ready for shipping.
- For Customers Placing Orders from Japan
- You cannot use the account you have with the Japanese Kubara Honke Online Shop (https://k-shop.co.jp/).
When placing orders, please enter your BILLING INFORMATION (Japanese address) in English.
- Quick Links
The stock powder becomes solid with moisture. Should I store it in a storage container? Please keep dashi packets inside the aluminum outer bag. Press the bag to remove the air inside, and close it tightly to avoid aeration.
Should I store the product in the refrigerator? Storing the product in the refrigirator causes the stock powder to absorb moist and odor. Please keep it inside the aluminum outer bag and store under room temperature.
I usually tear open the packet when using the product and sometimes have some leftover. Can I take the stock powder out from the packet and store it in a storage container? Taking the stock powder out of the packets and storing it in a container causes the powder to get damp. Instead, fold the edge of the packet, place it in an airtight container along with a desiccant, and use it as soon as possible.
I am not sure when to put the product into water. Should I place it before I start boiling water, or after I bring it to a boil? Please put the packet(s) into water before you start boiling. After bringing it to a boil, please continue boiling for 1-2 minutes (4-5 minutes for "Kayanoya Original Vegetable Stock Powder" and "Light in Sodium Kayanoya Vegetable Stock Powder") so that its rich flavor is fully extracted.
Can I tear open the packet, and use the stock powder inside for simmered dishes or miso soup? You can also enjoy the savory flavor of dashi by tearing open the packet, as all the ingredients in dashi are ground up whole.
The stock powder becomes solid with moisture when I sprinkle it over a heating pan. How can I avoid this? For soups or simmered dishes, please place the stock powder before heating the pan. For stir-fried dishes, please sprinkle the powder after reducing heat and lessening steam, or take the powder out onto a plate first and then sprinkle it from the plate.